If you received your NTS via email and still have your original message, you can print another copy. If you received your NTS via U.S. mail, contact NASBA to request a reprint. You will not be permitted to enter the test center without a valid NTS. Remember, NASBA personnel may not be available evenings, weekends or holidays. Choose a topic to review the Frequently Asked Questions about the computer-based CPA Examination.
It’s possible, especially if you have a strong background in the exam topics. However, it’s important to assess your understanding and adjust your study hours to ensure you’re fully prepared. The key focus should be on passing the exam rather than achieving an exceptionally high score. While a high score is commendable, it does not significantly impact your qualification as a CPA.
CPA Exams Study Guide
The average CPA makes about $1M more than his or her non-certified counter part over the course of his or her career. Expect to pay about $1,000 per year to comply with this requirement. The exam is conducted by the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants (AICPA). It is the document that allows you to log onto the Prometric website to schedule your exam date. Prometric is the organization that conducts the CPA exam and manages the test centers.
- The CPA Exam is a rigorous test and requires a serious commitment.
- Some general tips are to use technical language when appropriate, write in complete sentences, and make sure your answer is grammatically correct.
- As a content writer for PrepScholar, Ashley is passionate about giving college-bound students the in-depth information they need to get into the school of their dreams.
- If you plan to take all four sections, you will have to pay $833.60 ($208.40 X 4).
- However, most states require at least 120 credit hours or a bachelor’s degree in accounting from an accredited university before you can sit for the exam.
- Most states specify that you must have a bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Also, consider whether you’ll need to take some time off work.
This section deals with federal and widely adopted state laws. You must show you understand the rights, duties, and liabilities of debtors, creditors, and guarantors as well as the audit and appeals process employed by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). This section also covers the alternative minimum tax and both estate and gift taxation. The entire cost of passing the uniform CPA exam is approximately $4,400. This amount will, of course, vary depending on the CPA Review you select.
The real CPA Exam cost & licensing fees
This could mean additional exam fees and registration charges. However, the total expenditure for passing the CPA exam is a small fraction of the financial gains that you can make as a member of one of the world’s most respected accounting bodies. Education requirements vary the most among state boards of accountancy. For instance, Georgia only requires exam candidates to have a bachelor’s degree with 20 semester hours in non-introductory accounting courses.
It’s always best to check your state’s rules and regulations before starting your CPE. You’ll also need to complete continuing education to remain licensed. Even if you’re getting As in your classes, you’ll want to set aside plenty of time to review the CPA exam material.
How many sections does the Exam include?
In all but four states (Alabama, Hawaii, Louisiana, and North Carolina), you must be a U.S. citizen before you are eligible to take the CPA exam. The CPA license itself is only recognized within the U.S. and its territories, so it is largely assumed that you plan to reside and work within the United States. As a result, most candidates seeking licensure are already how much is a cpa exam citizens. If you are not yet a U.S. citizen and are looking into licensure, you’ll need to take the exam in one of the four states listed above. However, some are former CPAs with advanced business administration or financial management degrees and experience. These C-suite professionals supervise and direct their organization’s financial activities.
- The registration fees may be for all four modules, or each module may have a different price.
- The exam sections employ multi-stage testlets for the multiple-choice questions.
- Candidates are assessed on a variety of content using multiple-choice questions (MCQs) and task-based simulations (TBSs) in all four sections.
- Depending on your state, you may be required to pay a registration fee when you sign up for each exam section.
- Continuous testing will allow candidates to re-take a failed exam section shortly after receiving their score.
Depending on your state, you may also be required to pay a registration fee when signing up for a part. These fees are often structured in a tiered form, allowing you to save money by enrolling in many sections at the same time. Most CPA review courses offer practice exams that simulate the actual test environment.
Start your CPA journey right with exclusive pricing.
Why would you want to prolong the pain of taking the CPA exam any longer than you have too? Do the right thing; get a CPA review course that is right for you. Familiarize yourself with the features of the different CPA review courses and select the one that best matches your needs.