Middey (we/us/our) manages and operates this Mobile Application (Platform/Service).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, third-party sharing, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
What information do we have access to? And how do we use it?
We collect several types of information for various purposes, all aimed at improving the user interface. All information that you provide is covered by the provisions of Section 37 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (As amended) and other extant laws and regulations regulating the use and management of personal data, inclusive but not limited to the Nigeria Data Protection Regulation (“Data Protection Regulations”).
We collect Personal Data from you, this includes but is not limited to – Your Name, phone number, email address, and your profile picture (should you include one).
How we use your information
We use your personal data for the following purposes
1. To offer the services and functions in a safe and lawful way and to administer your use of the Service.
2. To maintain and improve our Service.
3. To prevent the illegal use of our Service.
4. To detect, prevent and address technical issues.
5. To notify you about changes to the Service.
6. To verify your identity.
7. To provide customer care and support.
8. To monitor the usage of the Service.
Our reasons for using your information
According to the Data Protection Regulations, all forms of processing personal data must be on a lawful basis. We generally use your personal information for the purposes outlined above because
1. It is necessary for our legitimate interests and does not unduly affect your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
2. It is necessary for legal and/or regulatory obligations or requests that we are subject to, such as keeping records in accordance with applicable regulations or providing information to a public body or law enforcement agency.
3. It is necessary to perform contractual obligations that we owe towards you, or to take pre-contractual steps at your request of you.
4. In some cases, we have obtained your prior consent.
To the extent that we process any sensitive personal information relating to you for any of the purposes outlined above, we will do so because either
1. you have given us your explicit consent to process that information;
2. The processing is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest on the basis of applicable law (for example where we are required by law or regulatory requirements to process that information in order to ensure we meet our KYC and ‘anti-money laundering’ obligations).
3. or the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
We will ask for your consent to
1. process your personal data.
2. tell you about our products and services, and those of our partners by email or push notification if we think they’re of interest to you. You can unsubscribe from these by email or via the app.
3. help protect you against fraud
4. show your profile picture in the app if you add one.
5. share information about you with companies we work with when we need your permission.
You do not have to share information about yourself if you do not want to. But if you do not, you may not be able to use some (or any) of our services.
Transfer and Disclosure of Data
For the purposes mentioned above, we may transfer or disclose your personal data to
1. Courts, law enforcement authorities, regulators, or attorneys if necessary, to comply with the law or for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims.;
2. Anyone you give us permission to share it with.
If you are located outside Nigeria and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Nigeria and it is processed in Nigeria.
Duration for Keeping Personal Information
We will hold your personal information on Middey systems for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected or to comply with legal, regulatory or internal policy requirements.
Changes and Amendments
Hearing from you remains our greatest pleasure. Contact us @[email protected] Be assured that replies to any raised complaint will be received between 24- 72 hours.